Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My literal mind (again)!

Random:

A couple of weeks ago a friend and I went to dinner. We stopped in a card shop after dinner and I really did need a card for a wedding shower I was going to. I knew my friend was not invited, though she knows the person about as well as I do. I decided not to buy a card at that time because I was concerned that she might ask me who it was for and then I'd have to tell her and it may be hurtful that she wasn't invited. I would not have lied to her, so if she asked I would have had to answer.

Did I do the right thing by not buying the card, or did I overthink the situation?


(By the way, if the comment option doesn't work, feel free to email me if you want!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I would have done the same thing as you did. Especially if there wasn't any particular reason why your friend wasn't invited. No need to make waves, as they say.

Naomi said...

Thanks, Ellyn! I feel that it was better to err on the side of caution. I know if the roles were reversed I would have been hurt (even if it was unintentional) so I didn't want to cause that for someone else.

You are so cool!