Saturday, August 9, 2008

Election Perspective

Have you ever wanted to hold public office? Ever? I don't even want to be lead teacher in a small school. I would have a hard time telling my friends what to do (even if I am right, ha ha) I automatically figure others would know better how to handle situations. It is no surprise that I would not want a public office or any position where I would have to decide things for other people...you know what I mean? I have strong opinions sometimes but the thought of being the 'responsible one' is something that only God could stretch me to do.

But in thinking about the elections I recall a quote. My dad told it to me years ago but he said he didn't make it up, so I don't know who to credit with its genius. Here it is:

"Anyone who is smart enough to be a good president isn't dumb enough to want the job"!

Isn't that a great quote?! We can be praying now for the campaign, election and candidates! They really need it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can't run for public office!! Have you forgotten? You're the Homework Queen!!!! You are royalty and therefore not eligible to settle for being elected to something so mundane as, say, leader of the free world. Have a pleasant day, Your Majesty! I am pleased to be able to read the royal blog.