Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Few Things Going Right

I have had some very pleasant and useful surprises in the last couple of days.

Being a school teacher at a school that doesn't have a janitorial staff on hand, or some of the usual things you might imagine for a school, each teacher is called on to do a lot of their own manual labor. It happens every year, but with new flooring installed earlier in the summer and then painting done last week, there has not been accessibility to start moving things. I knew I had to start soon, but I also have a retail job where this is by far its busiest season. Anyways, yesterday I went to school to start the huge process of emptying my old classroom into the new one I have for this year. I had the unexpected help lof two young ladies who didn't mind carrying, pushing or packing things I needed to move. Thanks to Julia and Kayla!

Today I not only had to move the remaining things but also had to meet with the lead teacher to discuss and write out the state standards and frameworks and how they are met. This would likely take a while plus I have to work my other job in the afternoon. I was thrilled (almost to tears) to see David, who was already moving my things from the old room to the new one before I even got there. He moved everything that was left plus cleaned out the closet. This allowed me to meet with the teacher and get required things done. Considering I work at my other job every day through Saturday, that time-saving was invaluable. Thanks to David and to Laura for loaning him to me.

Then as an added surprise, my aunt stopped by school on the chance I might be there, and I was! So I got to see my favorite aunt and visit for a while. Totally unplanned.

So friends, your turn........have you ever just had a few things go unexpectedly right?

No comments: