Working with first graders for the past million years, I have come to be a fairly simple type
thinker. While there is no doubt that I can be deep and philosophical, I am also able to break things down in pretty simple terms.
First, let's be thankful we have the election process. Would you prefer a monarchy, dynasty, or a system that allows overthrow and violence?
Second, no matter how you voted, can you stand by your vote? Did you vote in the way you felt God wanted you to? If you were obedient to His leading, then that is all you can do. Don't allow fear and frustration to overpower your confidence in God!
Third, God is not surprised by politics, campaigns, promises, mistakes etc. Whether your candidate did or didn't win, we know that God can and does work through all circumstances and He is able to work in the hearts and lives of everyone! Don't forget He is stronger, bigger and much more able that any presidential candidate could ever hope to be. And He has an immense love for people in a way that we simply are incapable of understanding. He does not change!
I guess this post comes from my hearing many conversations this week that I have not been able to get out of my mind. Have opinions, discuss them and learn from the views of others! But don't lose heart!!! Our God is in control!
I am Naomi and I approve this message! ; )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great post! I agree with what you said.
Post a Comment