Hey Everyone,
I am not myself these days. Lots of hard things going on for me and for people I care about. The struggles do help to define faith over and over. Do I still hold to the same beliefs when things are bad, as I do when things are good? Eventually.
First I question or groan. Then I compare the latest hard time to anyone else I know. Then I take a deep breath and try to figure out if there is anything I could or should be doing to make a difference. But, in the long run, my faith remains. And I am so thankful that God and His promises are stable and strong and can easily stand against my tirades, questions and fears. But it's not always easy or quick.
But I want to write an encouragement to everyone. Get some pictures. I don't love having my picture taken. I hate having to look at photos of me by myself or with others. In fact, a few weeks ago we had school pictures taken, and I literally completely forgot. That doesn't surprise me because I don't like pictures of me. But even if I had remembered, I wouldn't have done too much different. My hair would have been straighter. I would have worn a different outfit. But I would not have bought makeup or anything like that!
But, pictures are important. My friend died a couple of weeks ago. We had known each other for years, but rarely got together. I have no pictures of her. In my memory, of course I do have experiances and laughter and even some tears. And I am thankful.
So, the next time you are with a friend or anyone who is important, please grab a camera. Don't worry about hair, makeup, waistline or anything. Just get a picture! You never know when you may need it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment