I have never been big on New Year's Eve. If there was something to do, I might do it, but never sought it out and absolutely never initiated anything. It is a day, that leads to a night that leads to another day. Just like all of them.
I am going to a friend's house tomorrow night. It may be the last one she has before moving to Hawaii. I am already telling myself I'll stay for an hour or two. Whatever!
But I get concerned for friends who put SO much stock into New Year's Eve! Seriously, people who stress over not having a date, or a party to go to, or even what resolutions they are going to make before January 2. I must say, I have never understood that.
If I need to make changes, it should not matter whether it is January 1 or the middle of the summer. I do not make resolutions on schedule. I am not particularly good at keeping up with my desire to change things. But I do need to make changes. I do need to decide to work at them, and I most definitely need to decide to ask God to work in me.
And this is the night before New Years Eve, so I call it New Years Eve, Eve
Enjoy the days God gives us. Enjoy the friends, family and events that can sometimes clutter the calendar. But do not worry about what the world says should happen on any certain day. Gid works constantly. Never looks at His watch or the calendar. Trust is timeless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like a good New Year's Celebration...games, snacks, friends, etc, but I agree with you on the obsession some have with the New Year as time to get all "in line" and make resolutions. I have to remind myself often that if I need to do it, I need to do it NOW, not on January 1.
Here's to a very blessed and happy 2011!
Hi RK!
I hope you had a fun New Year's Eve! I stayed at the party until 11:55 and was the youngest there by 15 years, but I did have fun.
Thanks for writing. I fully respect your blogging break, and hope you are feeling the relief, but I do check every few days to see if you have written!
Hope the girls stay healthy this winter. Does MO get snow? We had a big storm last Sunday/Monday.
Take good care RK!
Nsomi
Post a Comment