I have had a very good first week!!
Our first fire drill was Friday and my kids did great! They made me laugh because when they came back in they were trying to be so cool "gee, that wasn't very loud". "It scared me way more back when I was in Kindergarten".
One of my kids raised his hand Friday afternoon and asked "Now, when exactly is playtime?" I explained that first grade didn't promise playtime every day. There would be times that I would take the toys out, but not today. He looked at me and said "but you have all these toys here". His understanding may take some time.
Then one girl came and showed me her eyelash that had landed on her finger when she rubbed her eye. It was lunchtime and I thought she was bringing it to the trash can. I was wrong. She walked back to her seat and very gingerly put the eyelash in her lunchbox to bring home!
I can't remember the last time I appreciated my eyelash so much! Sometimes I want to be six again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment