In light of the horror of the Newtown, Connecticut incident.
Here I sit the day after.
The day after I just had a week in my classroom of Kindergarten and First Graders.
The day after our Christmas concert, focused on singing praises and thanks to God.
The day after I allowed myself to read the news reports late last night.
My heart breaks and aches for all that I have read.
But...
I have faith.
I am a believer in Christ. I believe fully in my need for a Saviour who gave His life for my sins.
I believe every word of the Bible.
These remain unchanged.
But, today I feel an angry faith. A faith that wishes things were more simple. Less complicated. Easier to explain to others and to be understood clearly.
Violence, illness, abuse, addiction all make me very angry. But my faith in God remains.
But today that faith is angry. And I know that God allows it. He teaches through it. He knows it at its core. He will accept my questions, my anger, my confusion and will teach me through the pain and sadness.
And I will do my best to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment