I was listening to a Christian radio station on the way to school. I wasn't paying attention really because I was lost in my thoughts. I have a lot on my mind and everything was swirling at once. But, I was snapped back to the present by a phrase that caught my ear.
The voice on the radio was talking about something or other and he ended his thoughts with "America needs God, now more than ever".
I can't agree. Does America need God? Absolutley. More than we needed it in 1834 or any other era? No.
Sin is visible now through the media, internet, camera phones, movies, lifestyles etc. We can see many sins in a society that likes to display debauchery and trash. But does that change our need for God? No. Sin is sin and has existed since the garden of Eden. I need a saviour as much as anyone else who has ever lived. Little House on the Prairie, Leave it to Beaver, The Brady Bunch....no matter the era and the acceptable behaviors of the day, there was sin and there was need for a saviour.
So, let's not try to place a value of sorts on the sins. God does not place them in a hierarchy of better or worse. We have all sinned. Period. We all need Jesus. Period. It is a danger to think that others are worse off than we are, or vice verse.
America does need God, now as much as ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think that in this age of information, YouTube, webcams, etc., it's easy to think that things are worse now than ever. But you're right. Are things worse now than in the times of Sodom and Gomorrah? Or are we just more exposed and aware because of technology? God is timeless. His love is timeless, but we're all human and finite and time is what we relate to. Humanity needs God just as much as always, and He hasn't changed. Good blog and good thoughts!
I'm very slowly making my way through some of your older posts, and I'm just so encouraged by them. Your perspective is right on, and I'm one of those who often thinks its the worst it's ever been. Those are the moments I have given in to fear...I'm sad to admit it.
America does need God...as all countries do and always will, all the time. I hope we get the message soon, though.
Thank you again RK. I appreciate very much that you are reading through the older posts and not just the present. It is a good way to get to know someone, through many and various thoughts! God is always working and we are always in need! It seems like you know that as much as I do! : )
Post a Comment